Today is the last day of 2017, another year in the books. It’s been a great year for the Big Data Beard team. We added 5 new members, launched the Big Data Beard podcast and lastly, we became community members of O’Reilly Media. All in all a fantastic and intense year.
Being that this is the last day of the year, I wanted to do a “Best Of 2017” to highlight some of the great blogs and podcasts the team created this year. Being that we are all about data and analytics these were chosen based on number of downloads/views.
Top 5 Podcasts
- Episode 07 – Using Splunk to Find Love
- Episode 05 – The End of Meh-Trics
- Episode 10 – Splunk is a Car Show
- Episode 09 – Walk Through Data with Virtual Reality
- Episode 15 – Hadoop Community Updates with Alan Gates from Hortonworks
Top 5 Blogs
- 24 Hours in Vegas: A Splunk Architect Certification Story
- Auditing Excitement With Isilon Enabled By Splunk
- The Big Data Beard team takes a crack at machine learning
- Testing of VxRail as a Scalable Starter platform for Splunk Enterprise
- The Beard Goes To Europe…6 Week Tour of Awesomeness!
2018 is looking to be even better for the Big Data Beard team. Here are some of the things to get excited about:
- Season 2 of podcast will be staring soon, we have some great guests already lined up
- We’ll be at all the O’Reilly Strata Data and AI conferences. If you are planning on attending, you can get 20% off with discount code PCBEARD
- We’ll be recording from some interesting locations from the mountains of California to the shores of Alabama.
- New Blogs, stickers, shirts and much more
Have a happy new year and see you in 2018
Your bearded friend,